Community Transit fare changes are open for comment
Community Transit is seeking public comment on proposed changes to fares that would take effect in 2019.
Fares have not changed in over a decade. Since two counties with differing fares have joined Community Transit in the past two years, a change is planned for 2019 in order to make fares consistent throughout our service area. The other goal of this proposal is to keep fares as low as possible while still recovery the necessary amount of revenue to keep service running.
We need your input! Please use the form below to give us your feedback by August 31, 2018.
Responses can also be emailed.
The significant changes in this proposal, include:
- Mileage-based fares in Pipestone and Rock counties
- Raising the value of the ride cards to $25
- A $2.50 fare for rides scheduled same-day
- A $70.00 monthly ride pass for unlimited in-town travel (with a limit of two same-day scheduled rides per month)
- An $80.00 monthly ride pass for unlimited county-wide travel (with a limit of two same-day scheduled rides per month)
An easy-to-read poster version of each fare structure is available below.2018 Fares (PDF) 2019 Proposed Fares (PDF)
If you would like more detailed information, the complete fare structures for 2018 and the proposed 2019 change are included below for reference.Current Fare Structure (PDF) 2019 Proposed Fare Structure (PDF)
Please take the time to leave your thoughts by August 31st. Your input is valuable!