United Community Action Partnership helps refugees coming into the country for the very first time get settled in a new city.
- Airport pick-up
- Help with finding housing
- Finding donations to help furnish their housing
- Cultural orientation
- Help with applying for a social security card
- Getting signed up for county/state programs that might help them, like SNAP (formerly Food Stamps)
- Enrolling children in school and adults in ESL (English as a Second Language) classes.
- Transportation and support for health exams
- Temporary financial assistance
Staff provides supportive services and language assistance/translation as needed and helps refugees become acclimated to the area that will become their home.
Need more information about these services?
Contact us or call our corporate office in Marshall, MN at 507-537-1416 and we will connect you to one of our dedicated staff members.