Homelessness in Minnesota… does it exist?
Yes! It just looks different here.
People experiencing homelessness might be:
- Living in their cars
- Walking around businesses all night to keep warm
- Sleeping in storage garages
- “Camping” when it’s too cold outside
- Sleeping outside
- Locking themselves in bathrooms of businesses overnight
- “Couch hopping” (going from friend to friend, staying
for a couple of days)
- Using the last of their resources to pay for short stays at a local
- Fleeing domestic violence
When people have no place to go, United Community Action Partnership is here to help. We can offer limited motel stays as a short-term solution while working with people to come up with a plan for long-term housing stability. Part of the plan may include employment and housing searches, connections to mainstream resources, and short to medium-term rental assistance.
Are you in need of emergency shelter?
Contact us or call 507-537-1416 and we will connect you to one of our dedicated staff members.