- Assist individuals in finding transportation solutions for difficult-to-serve trips.
- Build and maintain a current knowledge of transportation resources throughout SW Minnesota, developing a working relationship with transportation providers throughout the region.
- Build and maintain a strong volunteer driver pool.
- Recruit volunteers through ongoing outreach efforts throughout the region.
- Maintain current and accurate volunteer driver files, keep volunteer handbooks current and available.
- Ensure all volunteers receive necessary orientation and training, plan at least one volunteer appreciation event per year.
- Provide one-on-one travel training or group education when requested.
- Assist Mobility Administrator with filing, copying, writing procedures, composing letters, correspondence, forms, data entry, and other clerical duties.
- Support and model UCAP’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Equivalent to a two-year or post-secondary degree.
- At least 3 years work experience in related field.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Possess a high degree of proficiency in basic Microsoft Office computer programs and internet applications.
- Excellent customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with others, including: public officials, management, transit staff and the general public, utilize Agency and community resources to accomplish organization and program goals.
- Ability to insure necessary office organization, filing systems and filing in a timely manner, insure distribution of communication documentation and timely notices as necessary.
- Ability to relate in courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to be assertive, tactful, and use good judgement.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to keep accurate records and enter client data and codes into computer.
- Ability to manage time in face of conflicting priorities and high demand.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Ability to travel throughout the region.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.