- The Outreach Worker is responsible for UCAP clients with initial inquiries about the agency, community program and services that are offered.
- Responsible for initiating and conducting recruitment activities as well as ensuring that each participant is fully aware of the policies and procedures of the agency services, while maintaining all accurate documentation.
- Establish and maintain effective referral network and community linkages.
- Complete record-keeping, case notes, data collection, and other participant documentation as needed.
- Complete application process per program procedures.
- Assure all necessary documentation is complete accurately.
- Attend conferences, meetings, and trainings and facilitate Agency trainings as needed or requested.
- Support & model United Community Action Partnership’s Behavioral Competencies.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Demonstrated effective oral, written and interpersonal communication skills.
- Awareness of economic and cultural issues facing our constituents.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Demonstrated skills in problem solving and conflict resolution.
- Ability to travel in a four county area regularly.
- Ability to travel out of the service area for meetings, workshops and conferences.
- Regular, reliable attendance.
- Reliable mode of transportation necessary.
- Must have a satisfactory background check.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Two (2) years post-secondary education in human services and three (3) years’ work experience in a human service field or a combination of five (5) years education and/or experience.
- Bilingual skills (Spanish and English) preferred.