- Coordinate transportation requests with volunteer drivers and bus drivers.
- Receive incoming calls and accurately enter all requests and return trips in computer system.
- Confront situations tactfully as needed.
- Log and maintain intake information on new clients.
- Log trips from rider sheets.
- Find drivers for each transportation request.
- Accurately take and relay information to/from service providers, drivers, riders, etc.
- Understand and follow MnDOT, Agency, and Program guidelines.
- Act as liaison to other service providers in coordination of services.
- Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus specialized coursework.
- 1-3 years’ experience in related field.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Ability to relate in courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to be assertive, tactful, and use good judgement.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to motivate people to understand the need for transportation services.
- Ability to keep accurate records and enter client data and codes into computer.
- Ability to manage time in face of conflicting priorities and high demand.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.