- Supervise, schedule, and train assigned transportation staff.
- Make sound and immediate decisions based on traffic and road conditions and bus operations.
- Efficiently select booked trips according to times and locations.
- Work with staff to set up routes and schedule special events.
- Operate bus in a safe manner and follow driver policies/procedures.
- Understand and follow MnDOT, Agency, and Program guidelines.
- Complete pre and post trip bus inspections.
- Provide positive public relations and program awareness.
- Inform passengers of policies and procedures and collect and submit passenger fees as directed.
- Treat and assist passengers in a positive, professional manner and confront situations tactfully.
- Work closely with management to monitor effectiveness and trip coordination.
- Pick up/deliver passengers safely per daily schedule and dispatch ride assignments.
- Complete and submit reports, as required.
- Support and model United’s Behavioral Competencies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Valid Class C or higher Commercial Driver’s License (CDL) with passenger endorsement.
- One (1) to three (3) years of previous related experience.
KNOWLEDGE, ABILITIES AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of road use, laws, and regulations.
- Ability to communicate in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrated effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Ability to use two-way radio and tablets to maintain communication.
- Ability to safely operate and maintain 9 – 23 passenger bus and wheelchair lift in all conditions.
- Ability to read maps.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and cooperatively as part of a team.
- Reliable, regular attendance.
- Must be able to pass DOT physical and alcohol/drug testing requirements.
- Must have satisfactory completion of background check.
- Ability to pass pre-employment drug screen.
- Ability to obtain Class C CDL Permit.
Refer to Job ID #0618G when applying.